5 things to do this summer


Hello! 
Firstly I must acknowledge the fact that I haven't posted in a while. As you can appreciate, it's been exam/assignment writing season over the past few months so I've spent most of my free time either reading/writing/ in lectures or working and when I've finished the last thing I want to do is pick up my laptop again. However, that stressful little period is now well and truly over (for a few months) and I now have the summer to myself. For many people I know, summer is a time to go off on multiple adventures abroad but, being the home bird that I am, that doesn't appeal to me as much. Having said that, I still like to feel I have done something with my time off and not wasted it! I get bored really easily so it's important I keep busy! With that in mind, I've come up with a small but realistic list of things I want to make sure I do in the next few months. For some people, these may seem small and not very challenging so it's important to remember lists like these are relative to the individual! It's mainly a place for me to refer back to if I have a spare moment and I'm not sure what to do with myself. 

1. Volunteer - Summer is a great time to try something new and fully immerse yourself without the worried of university looming, I have a few places I regularly volunteer but I will also be looking for new opportunities which may be appropriate to push me out of my comfort zone. 

2. Exercise - I find that, during a busy working period, exercise definitely takes a back seat. I want to make sure I don't spend the summer sat on back side and make sure I get out and burn some calories! I've recently rejoined by old netball team but I'm also thinking of starting the couch to 5k app again, I did manage to do this last year but think I'll be back to square one again! 

3. Blog - As much as I HATE writing assignments, I think it's important to keep writing over summer so that I don't have such a shock when I return next year. Obviously blogging is wayyyyy more exciting than academic writing so I'm planning to post regularly. This gives me the opportunity to develop my creativity and take lots of nice pictures!

4. Find new places - It's so easy to always return to your favorite place all the time so I would like to investigate new places to visit over the summer by going to places I've never been before, these don't have to be a million miles away, it might just be trying a new cafe or something like that. I have planned a trip to Brighton in the summer though with my family which I am super excited about! Just hoping the sun stays around until then! 

5. Find the good in every day- Personally, I find it so easy to think I have wasted a day, or not really achieved anything that day, and, whilst it's not necessary to achieve something everyday I think it's important to feel like you have done at least one thing, or something good happened. Competing the 100 Happy Days challenge really helped me appreciate the good in everyday, so whilst I may not post about it everyday, I do want to take a moment to think about the good in each day. 


Like I say, these might seem a little tedious to some people but for it's important to have goals that are realistic to you. I could quite easily say I want to travel the world but I know what wouldn't happen! Have you got any plans over the summer? If anyone has any summer projects too I would love to hear about them! 

Hannah x 



Comments

Popular Posts