What's in my bag?

Gone are the days you could leave the house with just the clothes you were in, confident in the fact mum would have everything you would ever need. Whilst sometimes I love accessorizing an outfit with the perfect bag it really can be a pain sometimes, especially if you're bag hinders a lovely outfit! Plus, I don't make it easy for myself (as you will see) as I like to be prepared which can result in one heavy bag! 


I think it's really important to get a bag which you adore, after all you're going to be using it most days (unless you're like me and have multiple types of bags to chose from). I am sooooo pleased that the backpack/ satchel has come back into fashion recently, they are tremendously practical and are so much better for my back and arms than any other style. After stealing my sister's black leather backpack/satchel thing for the last few months (Thanks G!) I thought it was about time I purchased one myself so was thrilled to see this lovely little one in the Urban Outfitters January sale! £15 from £45 - BARGAIN 



 I usually carry: 

Purse - As sad as it is, at the age of 20 you have to pay for things yourself! I don't quite feel adult enough to have a purse where all the card pockets are full. I used to have purses like this before I had debit/student cards etc and would love receiving gift cards just to fill the card compartment! This particular purse is from Cath Kidston a few years ago. 

Phone - Need I say more? 

Hair bobbles/ grips - Let's be honest...the bobbles are usually around my wrist and if my wrist is bare and I've left the house with my hair down I do have a mini panic! Hence I try to keep one in my bag! Surely that's not just me?

Hand Cream - This tends to just be in my bag over winter because constant hand washing + cold weather = incredibly sore hands. My mum gave me the Good Things - Argan Oil when I had super sore hands and it smells lovely so I may have accidentally kept it.

Perfume/ Lib balm - Again, winter = dry lips. Also, I'm trying to get into the habit of putting a mini perfume in my bag for when I think I need a quick spritz of something nice! 

Sunglasses/ Umbrella- Only in England might you need an brolly and sunglasses in the same day! A tip for anyone visiting the UK...bring both! These sunglasses are from Next and you can probably guess the umbrella is Cath Kidston 

Water/ Paracetamol - I said I liked to be organised and often worry hence I like to make sure I always have these in case I suddenly feel ill or super duper thirsty. Anyone that knows me will tell you I have a drink on me 99% of the time! 

Canvas bag - I originally bought this bag to carry library books in but it's come in really useful to fold up and put in my bag as in England there is now a charge for carrier bags. Instead of forking out 5p for every bag I need I now just put my shopping in here. It's got a pretty black "H" on either side and black handles and was only £1.50 from Primark! My best purchase from Primark in a long time, they have tonnes of other designs so may have to buy a couple more. 




Comments

  1. I love your bag so much, it's gorgeous. Was definitely such a bargain too in the sale at £15! Great post xo

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't realise it was possible to get such bargains from Urban Outfitters! :D

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post, defiantly reading more!!
    http://itslivslife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts