Winter in the country

Let's be honest, January and February are pretty dull months of the year and for me nothing much happened. Everyone returns to work/school/university and falls back into the rituals of everyday life. However February half term brings a much needed break in the cycle! I'm at university so don't get a set half term but I still managed to enjoy a few days away with my family. We didn't travel far, just far enough to feel we were away from home. 

Although it was bloomin freezing we were determined to enjoy the outdoors, inhale some fresh air and surround ourselves with beautiful views! Here are a few photos from our little break! 






Of course we couldn't do all that walking without a treat! We found a lovely little cafe in Pickering called "Lazy Sundae" where we had our fill of tea and cake. I had this HUGE slice of chocolate and vanilla cake whilst my sister had this whopping banana split! We both loved the feel of this place and the decor was so cute. I'll be sure to return when i'm in the area! 





I have to thank my sister for these last few images, when we returned there was a beautiful sunset which she just had to capture! 

Hope you enjoyed this little insight into my short break. 
Where do you go to get away?
How did you spend your half term?

Hannah x 



Comments

Popular Posts