Could you be happy for 100 days?

Everyone can have down days, it's human nature. Sometimes things just don't quite go your way, making you feel rotten. I often stumble across these "rotten" days. I let the slightest thing panic or annoy me which really influences my mood. So when I began to see the #100happydays circulate on Instagram I thought what a nice idea, maybe I should do that? So in the middle of February I uploaded "Day 1- Fresh sheets. #100happydays" I had no idea if I would be able to stick at it for 100 days but I was determined!
And I did it, 3 and a bit months later I posted my final image feeling very content in the fact I had managed to complete it!
It may not sound like everyone's cup of tea, uploading a digital image everyday for a 100 days but it really did help me appreciate the little things in life. I'm not going to lie, there were some days I sat at home thinking "what one earth am I going to put today?!" but that is why it is such an uplifting thing to do. No matter how rubbish I was feeling I proved to myself that I could still find something, somewhere to be happy about (even if it was just food!!). 
It's one of those things that you think "oh well it doesn't matter if I miss today, no-one is actually bothered by it" but you have to do it for yourself and not for others. You have to prove to yourself that there is always reason to be happy. :D 
So, if you think you're one of those people who can sometimes walk around thinking the whole world is against you. Someone who has a mind full of negativity instead of positivity. Maybe you should give the #100happydays a go?! 

Here are a few examples of my 100 days of being happy. 


Day 34 - Had a fantastic day at Go Ape swinging through the trees! 

Day 37 - Walking in the sunshine in Alnmouth 
Day 45 - Beautiful walk around Harlow Carr followed by a gorgeous ice-cream from Bettys
Day 14 - Sun and Sunday lunch...favourite kind of Sunday


Day 15 - One Born Every Minute & Toblerone 

Day 65 - Riding to work is sooo much nicer when it's sunny :) 

I really hope this has inspired some of you to have a go. Even if you don't want to post daily on Instagram perhaps you could write them down or even just make an effort to think of one reason a day. Let me know how you get along.

Stay happy!

Hannah x 


Comments

  1. Lovely post! Good job!


    New post on my blog it'll mean the world to me if you check it out! Maybe follow each other on bloglovin :)
    http://itsmathilda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    just came across your blog may I just say it is amazing I love your design and I had a great read :)

    keep up the good work :)

    it would also mean the world to me if you left a little comment over on my blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    thank you and have a nice day

    jade 

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts